Monday 26 October 2009

The performance of that PSB song!


Skip to 4.50 for The Performance of My Life, Dame Shirley Bassey's song written by Pet Shop Boys for her new David Arnold-produced album. I cried like a nelly at the end. This is the BBC's Electric Proms, a posh version of Top of the Pops, really, with the BBC Concert Orchestra providing the backing for the usual plethora of likely/unlikely acts.

And Patsy, she's 72!

Buy the album, The Performance, here and sample the mammoth Tom Baxter, Richard Hawley and Manic Street Preacher songs written for her.

4 comments:

Myfizzypop said...

wonderful. I'm really looking forward to this album. Should be immense. Tom Baxter?! Love him!

Adem With An E said...

Well that was stunning.

I too wanted to take her microphone home with me. (YES I WATCHED THE WHOLE THING, NOT JUST THE END)

Anonymous said...

Ah! Loved this so so much. As you said, it did make me blub too.

Echorich said...

MAGIC! Neil and Chris should be very proud of this. I can't get it out of my head!!