Friday 4 July 2008

New Girls Aloud tracks... already!

Heatworld's headline on their Sarah Harding story was how she has given up men after finishing with her "DJ" boyfriend, Tom Crane. Sounding world-weary and partied out: "I'm thinking of seeing the world, you know travelling for a bit just to reflect and clear my head", - love, just lay off the booze and swap the coke for Vicks Sinex for a week; that usually does the trick - she then goes on to reveal all about some new Girls Aloud material. "I'm really excited about the new Girls Aloud album", she trilled. "We're going to start recording it next week. We're writing songs at the moment."

Surely THAT'S the bigger news. New GA Music?!? Bloody hell. It doesn't seem like five minutes since the last album, Tangled Up. And where was Girl Overboard as a single?

Mind you, if they're moving into Xenomania's studio next week, that means the Pet Shop Boys have just moved out. They've been at Camp Xeno for a few weeks now, apparently being "worked really hard" by the hitmaking production team.

3 comments:

Adem With An E said...

Ben and I often talk about Girls Aloud and, in about March this year, Ben turned around to me and said "are we getting a new fucking album this year or what?"

We discussed that 'Tangled Up' had been last year, but Ben (and I) just got so excited about the mere thought of being treated to more material from them we got impatient and have been declaring they get to it immediately. I hope this happens before Christmas. I would just love that. I've even given their unreleased, unfinished new album the working title of "Album Of The Year."

"Love, just lay off the booze and swap the coke for Vicks Sinex for a week" - QUOTE OF THE WEEK.

Phil said...

It'll have to be good to beat Tangled Up, but I think Nadine will be less interested... unfortunately.

Adem With An E said...

As much as I love Nadine, I seriously wouldn't care if she left and they continued on without her. But I know they've always said if one leaves, they all call it a day. Which is a shame, because I don't think they necessarily need Nadine should she choose to leave.

Now if Cheryl/Sarah/Nicola or Kimba left, then I'd expect them to disband. Again, that's not to say I don't love Nadine.