Saturday 5 April 2008

FREE! Marsheaux Remix!

Last year, Marsheaux invited everyone to remix an album track of theirs, Regret, the New Order cover on their, quite frankly, brilliant Peek-a-boo album. And this is my version, yes, reviewer turns remixer! I've been itching for people to hear this for ages and Marianthi, the singer (left), very kindly agreed to let me post it. Only the vocals remain in this remix. The entire backing track is original with a New Order feel but still very Marsheaux. Enjoy peeps.

Regret (phileastend RMX) - Marsheaux (zShare mp3)

**UPDATE** I've re-uploaded the remix so there shouldn't be any problems...

Buy Peek-a-boo at iTunes here.

5 comments:

eLeMeNOhPeaQ said...

I almost missed this. One, the email went to my spam box. Two, I've never been to your blog before. Looks like I'll have to bookmark yet another one. :)

You did a fine job with your remix, Phil. The music track does compliment the vocals. I love the 'retro-ish-ness' of your mix too, as it's still Marsheaux...but with the New Order feel.

Now, it's time to check out the girls on myspace to (hopefully) hear what the original sounds like.

Myfizzypop said...

ooo get you spinning the decks and mashing it up big style to create an entirely edible retro sound. I always do a rubbish job with these "remix your own single" things so very well done indeed!

Poster Girl said...

I had no idea you did remixes! Thanks for sharing.

xolondon said...

I particularly like the breakdown early on- and the little weird voices in the last third! Nice pinging ending too...

Phil said...

Cheers peeps, and the retro thing probably comes from the fact that I've never stopped listening to New Order since I was a wee lad. :)