Monday 10 December 2007

I wish I had a river...

Todays Christmas song is a classic. Apparently. I'd never heard it before until last year when I went to see Christmas in New York a gorgeous revue show produced by West End stars in a theatre loaned to them on a Sunday evening. This year, the second production went down just as well. Here, the Director Paul Spicer, a right West End Wendy, enthuses about his little baby.

I missed it this year, but am thankful I saw the show last December, if only to hear this beautiful Joni Mitchell number for the first time. The lonely piano and regretful lyrics brought a tear to my eye. Or maybe that was just the red wine.

The River - Joni Mitchell
(zShare)

2 comments:

xolondon said...

I have never recovered from its brilliant use on the great Christmas ep of Thirtysomething. Cry cry cry.

Not sure if the Brits know what that show is, but it's still not out on DVD.

Phil said...

Bless... and Thirtysomething? God yeah. Birrof a phenom over here for a couple of seasons...