Saturday 10 March 2007

The Boys in the Band

I'm terrible for watching bands and only having eyes for the one I fancy. I've gone through entire gigs staring at them not even noticing what they're playing. The usual criteria is: he's not the singer, he's usually dark-haired and looks blokey. Simple enough. Here's a gallery of the ones I've always hankered after and rather than have to decide on who comes top and who comes bottom (oo-er), I've put them in alphabetical order. The criteria for this post is that they have to be in a band I actually like, so Coldplay's drummer will have to sit this one out. Funnily enough, the first 'boy in the band' who got me puzzling over why I fancied men comes out first in the list...

ABBA - Benny Andersson
A-HA - Magne Furuholmen
ABC - Mark White





BLUE - Anthony Costa
CULTURE CLUB - Jon Moss
ECHO & THE BUNNYMEN - Pete De Freitas





FRANKIE GOES TO HOLLYWOOD - Paul Rutherford
KEANE - Tim Rice-Oxley
THE KILLERS - Ronnie Vanucci





KLAXONS - Simon Taylor
KUBB - Adj Buffoni
MADNESS - Lee Thompson





PET SHOP BOYS - Chris Lowe
S CLUB 7 - Paul Cattermole
SCISSOR SISTERS - Babydaddy





AND FINALLY...
This one's a guilty pleasure.

No comments: